Read our useful guide below to find out all about an Airband installation, what you need and what to expect.
Before we install you’ll need a:
Surge Suppressor (or surge protector)
If you haven’t already purchased one, you can order a surge suppressor from various online retailers or from many high street computer/electronics stores. Alternatively, you can contact us at [email protected] to add one to your order for £12.99.
If your property is listed, you will need to speak to your local authority in order to either seek permission or check requirements. You will need to forward proof of approval to us at [email protected] prior to installation.
For more information, you can read the guide for Dartmoor and Exmoor Listed Building Consent here.
What to expect when we come to install
- Please ensure that any dogs are safely inside
- On arrival, the engineer will discuss the positioning of the radio and cables with you
- Depending on your property, the engineer may use ibolts to attach the ladder to the wall safely
- You’ll need a plug socket near the internal connection in order to plug the equipment in. If a plug socket isn’t available, you’ll need an extension cable
- The installation charge includes 20m of cable to link the radio to the connection inside your property. Don’t worry if this isn’t long enough, we can run more cable at an additional charge of £4.99 per metre
- The installation will take around 1-2 hours
Please note that it is not always possible to complete the installation as planned during the first visit due to the nature of the technology, so we may need to reschedule or discuss your options further.
Once your connection is working
Once installed, you’ll receive an email with more information on how we take payment. If you experience any problems in the meantime, please contact our team on 01905 676121 or at [email protected].
You can save money by moving over to a telephone service that routes calls over your broadband connection as opposed to through a landline.
Internet telephone providers (i.e. VoIP) can be found via a simple online search. Find out more about VoIP here.
Computer safety is really important. Find out more about installing a firewall here.
Your first bill explained
You’ll receive your bill around the 23rd of the month and payment will be taken by direct debit on or around the 2nd of the next month.
Please bear in mind that for your first bill, a pro-rated amount will also be added to this total based upon the date your service began. For example, if your service is installed on 10th October, your first payment will be on 2nd November, and will consist of you normal monthly fee for the month of November, other product costs and installation, as well as the amount owed for the period from 10th October – 2nd November.
For any billing queries, please contact [email protected].